People Planet Society Technology

There is a huge need for “change” , for “corporate excellence” , to tackle the world’s problems in a whole. But how? Absolutely NOT how we did “manage” it the last 120 years. LEAN, SixSigma, PDCA, AI, ERP, ….. all “tools” to “get on track” again. But which track ? The same? Preferably not I would say.

Excellence should be a mindset by default , and for many of us it is, in fact I cannot imagine somebody going to work in the morning saying “Let’s make as much trouble as possible” and yet…. How do we get into as much trouble as we do ? My answer is simple : Because we have poor (weak) decision making. And how is that possible? By information getting
filtered out through “subjective analyze”. In this blog I will be posting some comments on (global and local) issues, which could be a result of poor decision making, just for the sake of showing that this is a universal problem in all industries and through all categories or levels of decision takers.


Jimmy Van de Putte



Email : jimmy@fluidism.biz
Twitter : @JIMMYVDP

An idea of the global treats for the next decades :

http://reports.weforum.org/global-risks-2012/#ol=data-explorer
Some further "reflections" : http://www.ascentofhumanity.com/text.php

REACTIONS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED !

04 April 2012

Hello my fellow rebel

As a non-standard part of the Belgian Airforce since 1987 , I suffered a constant "pain".
The pain of having to indulge people who ignore other people based on difference in education, rank or mindset.And yet, there are plenty of issues I helped changing for the better, but it took blood,sweat and tears and a exuberant amount of time, usefull time and in the meanwhile the community lost millions...

So after 23 years and numerous attempts to try to "change" the organization (in a timely manner) I gave up on doing it the standard way, so now, after carefull consideration, I will spread the word in this blog on what my vision is on "management" based on my experience...

It's no rocket science or rebelious thoughts, they are commonly known and accepted items but I guess nobody bothers to emphesize them or order them, ... that's one of my findings : ignorance,indifference or trivialization is a business breaker, or better yet a "source of  waste" :-)  ....

Parts of my "essay" or white paper will be published later this month.

I hope many of you will share my thoughts and share yours with me ... And as I am a genuine "rebel" I am extremely flexible for other manns opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment