People Planet Society Technology

There is a huge need for “change” , for “corporate excellence” , to tackle the world’s problems in a whole. But how? Absolutely NOT how we did “manage” it the last 120 years. LEAN, SixSigma, PDCA, AI, ERP, ….. all “tools” to “get on track” again. But which track ? The same? Preferably not I would say.

Excellence should be a mindset by default , and for many of us it is, in fact I cannot imagine somebody going to work in the morning saying “Let’s make as much trouble as possible” and yet…. How do we get into as much trouble as we do ? My answer is simple : Because we have poor (weak) decision making. And how is that possible? By information getting
filtered out through “subjective analyze”. In this blog I will be posting some comments on (global and local) issues, which could be a result of poor decision making, just for the sake of showing that this is a universal problem in all industries and through all categories or levels of decision takers.


Jimmy Van de Putte



Email : jimmy@fluidism.biz
Twitter : @JIMMYVDP

An idea of the global treats for the next decades :

http://reports.weforum.org/global-risks-2012/#ol=data-explorer
Some further "reflections" : http://www.ascentofhumanity.com/text.php

REACTIONS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED !

15 April 2012

This is me ...

“I am a “Rebel” , an innovator, NOT a follower at all. I constantly challenge the status quo and will often be a source of great disturbance.

But the disturbance will be that I will get management and collaborators to rethink procedures, rules and attitudes , getting them out of their comfort zone until they reach “Excellence by default”.

Because excellence, common sense and “Evidence based decisions making” (where applicable) will lead to efficient AND effective companies, happy collaborator and a balanced work environment, company and society.”


As a self-made and self-educated individual and conscious of my own limitations, I upgraded my “Master degree in Aerospatiale engineering” to a level of “Master rebel”.

I studied and used LEAN, Six Sigma, theory of constrains, game theory, meta analyzing, TQM, Deming ,critical thinking and other tools and realized that “change” or “operational excellence” is more that reaching some goals or discard some “waste”.
It’s an attitude adjustment and mindset update, getting companies and management to that 2.0 state where excellence becomes a natural output of common effort.

I am NOT a yes-sir-man. Keeping in mind that sometimes un-logical decisions have to be taken and respecting hierarchy and loyalty, I think it is my primary duty to provide exact and unbiased information, regardless of anyone’s personal objectives and or agenda.

In fact I see myself as an all-in–one “private investigator / journalist / scientist”.

I have worked on several projects within the Belgian armed forces as well as civil organizations, some of which were on European level, basically on issues regarding operations of the Military airport but also on issues which overpassed the limits of the airport and became national issues on schooling, procurement, quality and audit and logistics and which are now implemented on European level.


If you are looking for a loyal, reliable , “out of the box” thinker/do-er that provides answers for even unrevealed questions , which puts the “magic” in getting more synergies and cooperation in your company and providing exact, useful reports and analyzes as well as solid “change” proposals , I’m your man.


My (apparently) lack of any other qualification is secondary to my core qualifications and will only motivate me to get the newest ,up-to-date insights on any given aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment